Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 12th Update






Today was Ashley's 23rd birthday so we had a little get together with friends from Kansas City Boiler Room and International House Of Prayer to celebrate and send us off to Portland. It rained pretty hard, so we cancelled our plans to go to the lake, and stayed inside and played a game called "Salad Bowl." We enjoyed spending quality time with our Kansas City friends! We're really going to miss them!

We've only got a couple weeks until we'll be moving home. We haven't found a place yet, but we do have some things in mind. Please keep us in your prayers as we get ready to move. Pray that we will have safe travels, and that we will find work and a new home quickly!

Ashley's belly is growing more and more every day! A constant reminder that there about to be 3 Quinn's in our household.

Once in a while, it really hits me hard that there's a little life inside of Ashley just waiting to join us on our journey! It blows my mind to envision myself as a father in say, two, ten, fifteen, or even twenty one years. I have worries and I have anticipations. I have a huge responsibility in a little tiny package; fragile and so delicate, depending completely on the two of us for all things during the next eighteen years (or more!). I hope I will be an excellent father, and teach her to be an excellent wife to some man in the future. I hope she will grow and mature quickly without losing her youth and childlike curiosity. I hope she will be safe from all the boys in the world! (I once told Ashley, "I'm already mad at him!") And I hope that Hope Esther will enjoy her life, and that it will be full of the truest Love. I hope that she will know Jesus even more than her mom or I do. I hope that she will be a mover, and a shaker, and a world changer. I know she will!

Recently, a gal from my work (AMC Town Center 20, Leewood, KS) offered to give us a crib! We haven't seen it in person yet, but she says it's in like-new condition! Of course, we said "YES PLEASE! WE'LL TAKE IT!" We're so excited and it's a huge blessing to us and to Hope! We have also been given a new dresser with a changing table on the top! Thanks Dad Martin! Also, a while back, my Mom told us about a clothing drive for babies and young children at IHOP. We had about 10 minutes to get ready, get set, and get there... and we did! Guess who picked out the majority of the clothes...? Yeah... Hope's Daddy! Me! AP! AP Quinn! YEAH! ME! WOO HOO! Did I mention we also got a bunch of hand-me-down clothing from some friends? WOW!

So, as it sits now, we have just about enough clothes to get us through Hope's first year. We have a crib. We have a dresser/changing table. We're doing pretty well!

We do have a few other needs, so we figured we'd ask to see if anyone has these items from when your child was a baby:




Swing / Rocker
Play Mat
Playpen
Toys
Changing Table Mattress and Covers
Highchair
Bibs
Baby Sling/Backpack
Mobile
Monitors
Outlet Covers
Cabinet Locks
Baby Bath
Baby Socks
Baby Shoes
Hair Accessories
FuzzyBuns
Children's Books (Dr. Seuss, etc.)

If you happen to have any of these around, please contact Ashley so we can work something out! Also, if you can think of anything else that you have found useful (items OR ideas!) that you would like to share, we're looking for any help we can get!

Thanks for reading, make sure to subscribe to this blog or bookmark it so you can stay informed about Hope Esther and her family!

Love ya!
- Aaron Paul "Daddy" Quinn -

2 comments:

  1. I've got ya covered for outlet covers and cabinet locks! Where can I send them?

    Cousin Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Is that a baby or a basketball under your shirt!

    ReplyDelete